Resources: Consert Statistical VPP Sub50
Consert offers a revolutionary solution that leverages cellular networks, provides real-time telemetry to energy management systems, is fully automated, and features embedded intelligence for the end-use customer.
Consert’s Statistical Virtual Peak Plant™ (VPP) is everything utilities need to improve forecasting and capacity management, implement demand management events, receive outage management information, and improve customer service. The Consert VPP:
- Utilizes remote measurement method to calculate load for heating and cooling with statistically relevant accuracy.
- Allows utilities to measure and verify “negawatts” (negative load) at a device level.
- Provides new revenue streams by selling negawatts in the bulk power market.
- Enables the utility and wholesale aggregator to supply consumers’ energy service needs, while minimizing the cost and risk associated with investment in peak generation capacity and transmission facilities.
- Contributes to reduced carbon emissions by limiting the need for peak generation and facilitating the orderly integration of intermittent renewable resources into grid operations.
- Provides the ability for residential consumers to set operational thresholds around their comfort settings for any devices under management. Consert provides user-friendly screens for consumers to set thresholds and walk away, optimizing their energy use based on their daily schedules.
- Utilizes real-time telemetry of VPP resource status.
- Allows for integration into energy market systems.
- ARM9 main processor
- 32MB SDRAM
- 16MB NAND FLASH
- Full and half-size PCI Express mini-card modems – EVDO/HSPA/LTE modems (Network certified module)
- SIM card connector to support HSPA and LTE modems
- Zigbee (2.4GHz) High Powered support (20 dBm transmit power) (UART/SPI interface)
- Two-way, high-speed communications with Smart Energy Profile (SEP) 1.1 (upgradable to 2.0) Home Area Network (HAN) devices
- Collects data directly from AMI meters, Consert Tru Load Device Controllers and a variety of SEP 1.1 compliant Programmable Computing Thermostats (PCT)
- Two-way, high-speed, real-time communications with Consert Data Center
- Data communications with Consert Tru Load Device Controllers via wireless ZigBee®
- Embedded Linux environment with self-contained memory and battery-backup capabilities
- Complete security with encrypted two-way communications that meets or exceeds today’s stringent requirements
- ANSI-compliant with GE I210+c and KV2c Series meters
- Firmware upgradeable over the air
- Integrated multi-output power supply (11.2vdc, 3.3vdc, 1.05vdc)
- Industrial temperature rated parts (-40C to +85C)
- U/L or ETL compliant
- FCC compliant
- ANSI compliant
- Over-the-air upgrades of all microcontrollers
- True load management:
- Real-time data collection
- Real-time data reporting
- Empirical power measurement compliant with ANSI C12.1 accuracy requirements
- Absolute device management by utility and its customers
- TI chip for metrology
- Rated to 50 AMPS without a relay (CDCZ24S 3.1)
- Rated to 30 AMPS/1.5 HP (CDCZ24RS-NC-3.1) with a relay
- Firmware over-the-air upgradeable
- Wireless ZigBee® 1.1 SEP upgradable to 2.0
- Controls water heaters, pool pumps, and other high consumption electrical equipment
- Status and error LEDs
- Programmable, Zigbee-enabled
- Secure, multi-browser compliant
- Secure, multi-browser compliant
- Compatible with popular web-enabled devices
Standards: ZigBee, FCC Compliant, ANSI Compliant, 3G Wireless Networks, U/L or ETL Compliant